Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Closing in on that first skillcape

I'm within grasping distance of my first 99 skill ever, 99 Cooking. Ever since I was killing cows in Lumbridge, cooking was ingrained into me as the best skill there was around by Reuben Sa, a real life and RS friend, a rabid but now retired cook in RuneScape. (Wanna know how rabid?? Check the highscores. If I'm not wrong, his cooking's somewhere within the top 100)

For a long while, 99 anything seemed like a distant dream. The cooking skillcape is now within a reasonable fiscal range, given the method I'm using now. 3 million is a small price to pay.

While cooking at the Rouges Den, I chanced upon a real idiot. He pranced around in a untrimmed Cooking skillcape, and was laughing at another guy who said he bought the fish for cooking his way up to 99. He went on to shoot him down for being a noob who "buys" skills, and how killing fire giants was a lousy way of making money since that guy did it, blah blah blah... Get this, earlier on he said he was trying to raise 3 million to buy equipment for Lunar Diplomacy.

So I asked him, if the Cooking skillcape was no big deal, why the hell was he wearing it?? His answer? I worked for it. Claims to have to fished every fish he used for it. Turned out to be his undoing. At level 85 Fishing, there was no way in hell he could have caught enough fish. He ended up being flamed by all present. Doesn't pay to be a loudmouth.

Anyway, that asshat aside, I got 92 Cooking yesterday, and I'm now halfway to 99 by exp.


Still haven't found a real solution to the photo problem, maybe I should switch from Photobucket to Flickr or Imageshack...

No comments: