Friday, May 2, 2008

We Are Currently Experiencing Technical Difficulties...

In the morale and willpower department. I might have misread the various guides I've read about raising Hunter to 99, seeing as how I *think* they all say it takes two weeks to a month at most to max it out. Either I misread when it was supposed to be two months, or when they meant two weeks, they meant playing 8 hours a day like some people...

Anyway, kinda got with Hunter after hitting 66 Hunter at the Red Chinchompa areas.



Its good money alright, since you can't retrieve Chinchompas like arrows, but its so hard to find an empty spot to yourself during peak hours. While my timezone makes it easier for me since its morning where I am when the Americans are all asleep (Or should be at least), its near impossible to find a trapping spot all to yourself, even when you hop 5 or 6 worlds during peak hours.

Tim planned on bringing a crossbow to shoot down other people's Red Chins if he isn't getting enough, but I talked him out of it, partially anyway. Its an idiotic thing to do, like ranging every Fire Giant in a room so the other guy can't get any. He now promises to fire only if the other guy is an asshole. Which, unfortunately, are pretty common at the Red Chin spots....

Right now, I have three options

1. Continue with Red Chins and battle for a spot during peak hours

2. Level up to 67 and do Black Salamanders, but there's close to 0 profit in that. Heard they're good for barrows though.

3. Just go back to training Fishing. Again, quite boring, but at least I'll have the time to do other things.

I'll probably good with Option 2 or 3 though, at least until I can lay 5 traps in one go at 80 Hunter.

Anyway, my usual remedy for boredom is normally killing stuff, so I grabbed my gear and headed for Chaeldar, who, for once, didn't give me a stupid, troublesome task for once. A hundred or so Dagannoth, easy and convenient enough, and I had the luck to get 2 Snapdragon seeds while I was at it. Inching toward 65 Slayer, and Dust Devils!!



An Attack level up halfway through the task which I didn't expect.

This May's Behind the Scenes has a couple of interesting features lined up, most notably the new Quick Chat system. Apparently, it is a list of selected common phrases that can be quickly clicked on for your character to say, which would help a lot in games which need quick communication like Castle Wars. Unfortunately though, if it selects the most commonly recurring phrases in CW, it would probably look like this...

--------
1. NOOB!!
2. SAFER NOOB!!
3. PRAYER NOOB!!
4. POTTING NOOB!!
5. ANCIENT NOOB!!
6. STOP KILLING ME WITH OUR CATAPULT NOOB!!
7. STOP BLOWING UP OUR OWN BARRICADES NOOB!!
8. I've got the flag, cover me!
9. Enemy flag bearer is in the tunnels/middle/battlements
10. Everyone attack *username*, he/she has the flag!!
--------

Another update I found rather interesting is the random statistics one, which will spout useless but funny nonetheless facts, like how many guards are killed in Varrock Square a day. Not sure how many that would be, but it'll probably be a *LOT*.

As stated in the Garden of Tranquility quest, your average guard has a lifespan of about 5 minutes.

No comments: