Wednesday, April 23, 2008

>Insert Title Here<

First off, I'd like to say that amazingly, there IS a market for grey chinchompas, and that I really regret blowing up my first 100 at Pest Control.

Anyway, trapped my way up to 58 Hunter on Grey Chins, before being hit by an overwhelming sense of BOREDOM!! Guess zeal can only take one so far... Hunting is more click intensive than I thought, given how Chinchompas never learn that box traps are a BAD thing, combined with the fact I need to watch out for my turf from marauders, since Chins can't be shared like Fishing. Perhaps a change in target is a good idea right now.

Coincidentally at the same time, the new minigame Fist Of Guthix had been released, and after hearing good reviews about it from my friend and brother, I decided it would be a good break from Hunter/Skilling overall.

Guthix apparently really does select guardians of his areas randomly, the one in the Fist Of Guthix being a giant...Earwig... He should have stuck to giant snakes.

Objective of the game is simple. You get paired up with a random person in the waiting room



And then you take turns being the hunter and the hunted. As the hunted, you have to run around holding a charging stone to collect charges around the arena, and since the stone is two handed and goes in your weapon slot, you are pretty helpless in this form, and your objective is to last as long as possible to collect as many charges as possible until you are killed by the hunter.

As hunter, just frag the hunted ASAP before he/she collects too many charges. Person with more charges at the end of two rounds wins, and gets a certain amount of FOG tokens, based on how many more charges you got, and how balanced your total level is. An anti-pure measure perhaps?

I heard that free runes were given out at FOG, and I thought to myself "This would surely kill mage training in any other method." Two matches in, I realized it wouldn't. Why?? Because most decent players would hide in the safehouses from time to time, so they can't be attacked. And also, the arena being crowded leads to an even bigger problem, which is finding your target in the first place! Everyone normally goes to the center to collect charges since the rate is WAY faster there, but since everyone is standing in one area, one has to scroll down countless names before finding your target.

Random pairing also has no regard when it comes to your combat level. You could be level 3, and get paired up with a level 138. I got two people with combat under 30. I got 4k charges from each of them before they forfeited. Then I got paired with a 120. It was not cool to get fragged so fast.

All in all though, its a pretty OK game this time from Jagex, and the rewards look okay as well.

No comments: